Τετάρτη 27 Απριλίου 2011

Refugee



Again, I look around me and everything seems foreign
And I can't touch them, they're well hid
I look up to the clouds and I think of journeys
But without lights, all the gray shades in my soul are alike.
That's why I lower my eyes to the ground
And I hope this turns out well again at the end
'Cause even this land I'm standing on now,
It's not my fault, I wasn't learned to love it.
There are only symbols around and images,
Masons in the dark creating rules,
An obsessing idea and a phobia
That my mind might adapt with set up violence.
So many words and I can't stand them anymore
Where is that sweet homeland of mine
That they used to say that has the light carved on rocks
Say, might have God has forever forsaken it?
And I feel a refugee here where I was born
Like my ancestors here I stand
To wash away guilt and promises to fulfill
How much more do I need to pay for?

Everything goes well and the pain is growing
And fear keeps damaging my dream
Making my loneliness even heavier
In this place where I even borrow joy.
In this place were tears seem like gifts
And truth is covered by the present
I hear so many caring about me
But all their words always stay buried.
'Cause the shadows around me are so many
torturing my mind with yesterday
Familiar images, old hopes,
Mother is your homeland, even if you haven't seen it.
And thought it hasn't hugged you ever before come close to it
Close your eyes on the hits and laugh
The purpose is sacred, they always say
And to feel the light
We must always be patient
For a forthcoming future said to be good
But I'm sick of all, where might be God?
Say, might he be a refugee too?

I've got refugee marks and a sweet grandmother's kiss on my forehead.
I've got pain for my brother and a secret dream as a talisman.
Underneath a light-less sun, the sky is gray for me, still I exist.
I take courage and sing for everything that I love, but do not have.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: